Features at a glance:
- highly flexible underlying software architecture
- extensive feature-set and configurability
- sophisticated but easy-to-use conflict resolution
- does not rely upon OS X's Sync Services engine for syncing ('though iCal and Address Book are accessed via Sync Services)
- all syncing is via direct connection — no external "sync hosting" involved
- employs an ultra-friendly non-intrusive error-reporting model
We've been delivering Mac and cross-platform applications for over 5 years. We use the latest technologies, standard operating-system interfaces and conform to industry standards so our software, like the Mac, generally "just works."
The following, excerpted from the Business Contexts of our software requirements (Use Cases), provides an overview of the basic Sync'Em concepts.
When a User wants to use Sync'Em to keep various sources of information in sync, the User must specify which information sources are to be synchronized with which other information sources, the place where each such information resides, any credentials required to access each source of information, the schedule for synchronizing the sources of information and, if applicable, which subset of each such information is to be included in the synchronization.